How are you filling these days of social distancing and staying home?
I’m going to be honest. It’s pretty easy for me, as a work at home mom, to be here. The hardest part is not being able to visit family which we are used to doing 3-4 times a week. I used to pack up and go to my grandparents house, which is right down the road to visit. Especially when Bradyn was having a fussy day for a change of scenery, and now we can’t.
I will say that it’s been great having Marc home more. We have been spending more time outside, walking the snowmobile trails, doing spring clean up and enjoying the fresh air. Marc is getting house projects done that have been on the TO DO list for a while which has been great.
I’m a major TYPE A who needs routine and structure
So I have committed to an 80 day workout and nutrition program that I have been wanting to do for a couple years now. Its the hardest program I’ve ever done and with hour long workouts- It just wasn’t in the cards before. But with Marc being home, it’s do able. The timed nutrition and workouts have actually given me structure and routine, which has been my saving grace.
It is hard not to let the days run together, the TV to be on more, to eat out of boredom and to just lay around. Try these ideas to get moving more and snacking less:
- Get outside!
- Play board games with your family
- Have dance parties! Spotify has some awesome playlists
- Get those projects done around the house that you’ve been waiting to do
- Spring clean
- Get creative in the kitchen and try a new recipe
- Facetime or call a family member or friend
- Have a zoom happy hour with friends
- Plan your wedding! You have more time now to sit and really get things done!
I’m anxiously waiting to get back behind the camera and shoot! I’m hoping it’s sooner rather than later.